Saturday, October 3, 2015

We are the someone

I was posting another environmentalist article to Facebook tonight, hoping to open more eyes to our global dilemma. And again I felt that lost feeling from not really knowing what to do next. 

Having two little boys at home, I love that they need me. My wife and I have trained ourselves and them to have confidence to figure things out, but I still love to be needed, and I love fulfilling their needs. 

The scientists and engineers we hope will solve the problems for us, the politicians we hope will sustain us through transition, the teachers who always had the solution to the tough problems, the God who has given us free will and skills to survive, the mommy and daddy who were always there for us before, none of them are coming. 

No one is coming. 

We are the someone we've been waiting for. We are smart enough, creative enough, thoughtful and generous and compassionate enough, and if anyone gets us out of this, it's us. 

For years I've been feeling stuck, like I'm at the edge of a canyon with my kids, about to be pushed off the cliff by industrialization. And I know there's a new world just across the canyon, obscured by a hazy lack of creative vision, but there. And I have been desperately looking around for a bridge that should just be there. 

There's no bridge to the other side. We've got to build it. 

This blog is an organization of my training and skill building. We are going to build a bridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment