Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Whether we're inspired or not

A friend attended a climate change talk this evening, and he expressed to me that he was left uninspired by it.

My response to him:
What I'm finding for myself is that my writing isn't great, my logic is sometimes flawed, my articulation is lacking, my knowledge is minimal, and my vision is blurred, but what matters most is that I keep talking, keep writing, keep speaking up. It's probably not very inspiring to most people, it's not very engaging, but it's what I've got. 

Identifying myself as part of the climate movement is giving context to all these mediocre actions I'm taking - and it's the biggest, most important fight out there today, in my opinion. 

So the talk tonight may have been uninspiring to you, but consider that it's up to you to find inspiration in the talk and the movement. The time has passed for us to be willing to wait for inspiration to get in action. The time is now for us to act, whether we're inspired or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment